Graphic Designer • Fernbank Museum of Natural History • Atlanta, GA
March 2017 to Present
- Graphic design for all aspects of the organization both external and internal, including designing and illustrating graphics for themed event days; multi-page brochures for rentals and field trips, marketing collateral design some of which includes advertisements, web graphics, social media graphics, billboards, busses, street banners, posters, flyers, public recycling bins, merchandise, and more.
- Work with existing exhibit and Giant Screen movie graphics from various vendors to create a cohesive look throughout marketing pieces, internal graphics for the museum and advertising; including communicating with the outside vendors to make sure all graphics are approved and sponsorships represented.
- Write, design, plan and schedule social media posts for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Monitor channels and respond to inquiries and complaints on a daily basis.
- Write headlines and copy for advertising, email newsletters, and social media. Proofread copy from marketing and other departments to ensure standards are maintained.
- Routinely juggle projects, some with tight deadlines, and work with all departments to keep projects on time and budget.
- Collaborated with the marketing team and outside branding agency to rebrand the museum with a cleaner, modern logo, brand standards, and cohesive brand campaign to be executed across multiple platforms.
Graphic Designer • Freelance • Denver, CO & Atlanta, GA
January 2009 to Present
- Various projects with non-profits, local businesses and other clients; including logos, invitations, posters, banners, and other collateral as requested. Clients include SeriesFest, Teens for Food Justice, Desoto’s Vintage Cycle Service among others.
- Manage budgets, expectations, and files for clients.
Graphic Designer & Web Coordinator • Denver Film Society • Denver, CO
May 2014 to January 2016
- Rebranded the Denver Film Society with new identity including brand standards and cohesive graphics package for all tentpole festivals and events. Included new signage, letterhead package, website design, and revamping of all existing collateral. Created an overall look and feel for the non-profit organization to be clear and concise.
- Graphic design for all aspects of the organization, including on-screen advertisements, printed programs, annual report, posters, flyers, magazine ads, and other collateral relating to monthly programs and the year-round operation of the Sie FilmCenter, a three-screen arthouse theater.
- Customized trailer creation for film festivals and movie programs that play before films at the Sie FilmCenter as well as shared through social media, including editing video, as well as adding music and graphics.
- Worked closely with Marketing Manager to create a united message throughout all collateral and online presence.
- Maintained current website information, handling weekly changeovers and imagery changes as needed. Worked with an outside design team to create a more user friendly website.
- Manage budget lines and multiple vendors on a daily basis.
Mac And PC Platform Experience
Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Animate, After Effects, Dreamweaver
Microsoft Office 365: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
HTML & CSS
Graphic Design Masters Degree Courses
Savannah College of Art and Design • Atlanta, GA
Bachelor of Fine Arts • Communication Design Concentration
Metropolitan State University of Denver • Denver, CO
Graduate Magna Cum Laude
Associate of Arts • Graphic Design
Community College of Denver • Denver, CO
Graduate Cum Laude